We have regular rides catering for riders of all abilities
Stop press: Please note that as of July 2016 CBC rides are now starting from the Leisure Centre, not the Platform Galley, see rides page for more information!
Who we are
We are a relatively new club formed to cater for cycling enthusiasts in the Clitheroe and surrounding area. We are not a specialist road racing or mountain bike club but rather a club that welcomes all types of cycling i.e MTB – Road – Leisure – Touring – Beginners.
The club have a number of qualified trainers to teach both on-road and off-road cycling skills & safety. We also have regular social meetings to discuss cycle maintenance & road safety, and to plan future events.
We run regular leader led rides in all categories, so no matter if you’re super fit or trying to get fit or just want the security and company of riding with a group, we have the ride to suit you and no-one gets left behind!
So if you are into cycling and would like to try a trip out, please join in one of our regular rides or attend one of our meetings, otherwise feel free to contact us for more information or advice.
The club has a number of road bikes available for trial loan on Club Rides (funded through the Healthy Streets initiative). To find out more please contact Richard Paige on 07976312529.
We have informal club meetings at 8-00pm on the first and third Wednesday of every month at the Littlemoor Rd Rugby Club see ‘’Contact us’ for location map.
What you get
As well as getting out and about on your bike in the company of others, joining Clitheroe Bike Club means that you have access to many benefits including –
- Access to our, member only, Facebook ‘closed group’ forum which is used for ride details, photos, events and more
- Unlimited advice, guidance and support by trained club members
- Access to courses, talks and functions run by the club
- Discounts in local businesses and shops
Businesses that offer a discount to CBC members are currently:
- The Green Jersey – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 427630 – 10% off bikes, clothing & accessories.
- Ewood Bikes – Blackburn Bike Shop – 01254 55515 – Varying discounts available
- NJD Sports Injury Clinic & bike fitting (Nick & Nicola Dinsdale) – 01200 424507 – 10% discount
- Automotion – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 425938 – 10% off everything excluding certain product lines
- Pedal Power – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 422066 – 10% off accessories
How to join
The bike club fees for period May 2016 to April 2017 are:
- Adult – £20 per annum.
- Under 18 – Free
You can download the Clitheroe-Bike-Club membership form (NB MS Word required!)
Once complete this can be sent to our membership secretary using this email address, or printed out and posted to the address shown on the form.
If you need more information you can contact our membership secretary using the email above or come down to our regular social meetings at Clitheroe Rugby Club, see Events page for more details.