We have regular rides catering for riders of all abilities
Who we are
We are a relatively new club formed to cater for cycling enthusiasts in the Clitheroe and surrounding area. We are not a specialist road racing or mountain bike club but rather a club that welcomes all types of cycling i.e MTB – Road – Leisure – Touring – Beginners.
The club have a number of qualified trainers to teach both on-road and off-road cycling skills & safety. We also have regular social meetings to discuss cycle maintenance & road safety, and to plan future events.
We run regular leader led rides in all categories, so no matter if you’re super fit or trying to get fit or just want the security and company of riding with a group, we have the ride to suit you and no-one gets left behind!
So if you are into cycling and would like to try a trip out, please join in one of our regular rides or attend one of our meetings, otherwise feel free to contact us for more information or advice.
The club has a number of road bikes available for trial loan on Club Rides (funded through the Healthy Streets initiative).
We have informal club meetings at 8-00pm on the first Wednesday of every month at the Littlemoor Rd Rugby Club see ‘’Contact us’ for location map.
What you get
As well as getting out and about on your bike in the company of others, joining Clitheroe Bike Club means that you have access to many benefits including –
- Access to our, member only, Facebook ‘closed group’ forum which is used for ride details, photos, events and more
- Unlimited advice, guidance and support by trained club members
- Access to courses, talks and functions run by the club
- Discounts in local businesses and shops
Businesses that offer a discount to CBC members are currently:
- The Green Jersey – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 427630 – offer a 25% discount off full retail price on a member’s first bike
bought from them, except Colnago. If you buy your bike from TGJ, you then receive loyalty points on subsequent purchases which can be redeemed in store, see http://thegreenjersey.co.uk/home/ride_with_tgj/
- Ewood Bikes – Blackburn Bike Shop – 01254 55515 – 10% discount on bikes and accessories
- NJD Sports Injury Clinic & bike fitting (Nick & Nicola Dinsdale) – 01200 424507 – 10% discount
- Automotion – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 425938 – 10% off everything excluding certain product lines
How to join
The bike club subs for the period May 2017 to April 2018 are:
- Adult – £20 per annum.
- Under 18 – Free
You can download the Clitheroe-Bike-Club membership form (NB MS Word required!)
Once complete this can be sent to our membership secretary using this email address.
If you need more information you can contact our membership secretary using the email above or come down to our regular social meetings at Clitheroe Rugby Club, see Events page for more details.