We have regular rides catering for riders of all abilities
Who we are
We are a relatively new club formed to cater for cycling enthusiasts in the Clitheroe and surrounding area. We are not a specialist road racing or mountain bike club but rather a club that welcomes all types of cycling i.e MTB – Road – BMX – Leisure – Touring – Beginners and most importantly Family and Junior cyclists.
The club have a number of qualified trainers to teach both on-road and off-road cycling skills & safety. We also have regular social meetings to discuss cycle maintenance & road safety, and to plan future events.
We run regular leader led rides in all categories, so no matter if you’re super fit or trying to get fit or just want the security and company of riding with a group, we have the ride to suit you and no-one gets left behind!
So if your into cycling and would like to try a trip out, please join in one of our regular rides or attend one of our meetings, otherwise feel free to contact us for more information or advice.
The club has a number of road bikes available for trial loan on Club Rides (funded through the Healthy Streets initiative). To find out more please contact Richard Paige on 07976312529.
We have informal club meetings at 8-00pm on the first and third Wednesday of every month at the Littlemoor Rd Rugby Club see ‘’Contact us’ for location map.
What you get
As well as getting out and about on your bike in the company of others, joining Clitheroe Bike Club means that you have access to many benefits including –
- Access to our, member only, Facebook ‘closed group’ forum which is used for ride details, photos, events and more
- Unlimited advice, guidance and support by trained club members
- Access to courses, talks and functions run by the club
- Discounts in local businesses and shops
Businesses that offer a discount to CBC members are currently:
- Pedal Power – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 422066 – 10% off accessories
- The Green Jersey – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 427630 – 10% off accessories.
- Automotion – Clitheroe Bike Shop – 01200 425938 – 10% off everything excluding certain product lines
- Ewood Bikes – Blackburn Bike Shop – 01254 55515 – Varying discounts available
- NJD Sports Injury Clinic & bike fitting (Nick & Nicola Dinsdale) – 01200 424507 – 10% discount
How to join
You can contact our membership secretary using Clitheroe bike club email
If you need more you can come down to our regular social meetings at Clitheroe Rugby Club, see Events page for more details.
Currently the bike club fees for period May 2015 to April 2016 are:
- Individual Adult – £30 per annum.
- Family membership – £40 per annum.
- Young adult (16- 18 yrs) – £10 per annum.
You can download the Clitheroe-Bike-Club membership form