In addition to our Sat & Sun rides we have a varied program of social events throughout the year, based both on and off the bike.
All are welcome at our regular Social Meetings. These are held at Clitheroe Rugby Club on the 1st Wednesday of each month (not in Aug due to summer holidays). Drinks & social from 7-30pm, meeting starts at 8pm. We often have speakers coming in to talk about a range of different topics, see below for specific details.
Upcoming Events for 2017
Throughout the year we have the CBC Grimpeur competition along with club time trial competitions (10/25 mile)
- Sat 14th: Club New Year party at Clitheroe Rugby Club
- Weds 1st: Club evening at Rugby Club – bikepacking, cycle touring, speaker TBC
- Sat 25th: Clocks go back, evening rides start – more details to come!
- TBC: “Park and Ride”; suggested route Hawes -> Tan Hill
- TBC: 120 mile ride, Tan Hill from Clitheroe.
- Weds 3rd: Club AGM at Rugby Club
- Weekend 19-21st: Touring weekend to Kirkby Stephen & Arnside
- Sun 11th: Ribble Valley Ride Sportive
- Sat 17th: Day of the Century. 25-50-25 and a various 100 rides – with an evening celebration
- TBC: Evening ride to cinema @ Longridge
- TBC: Evening ride to Roots @Catforth for BBQ
- Sat 1st: Blackpool ride and Pier Photoshoot. Suggested route via St Annes and up prom to Blackpool
- TBC: Park and ride
- Tues 29th: Ride the lights Blackpool
- TBC: YHA trip,destination TBC
- Sat 28th: Clocks go back. Evening rides finish until Spring 2018.
- TBC: All rides Cafe stop at Clarion House
- Weds 6th: Club Night event – a quiz night.
- Sun 10th: Christmas Santa Ride and Lunch at Grindleton Village Hall
- Sun 24th: Christmas Eve ride.
- Sun 31st: New Years Eve ride
Throughout the winter season there are spinning classes held at Carters Leisure in Clitheroe. These are cycling specific classes organised especially for CBC members, more details are available on the CBC Facebook website.
The club runs regular introductory rides for new members; these are a friendly and sociable club ride with a focus on building confidence and skills. For details of these please contact Richard Paige at the Green Jersey.
The sessions will follow the following structure…
- 9:00 – Meet at the Green Jersey bike shop
- 9:15 – Introductions & a short explanation of key roadcraft and group riding skills (communication, pacing, benefits of riding as a group)
- 9:30 – Group ride, led by Clitheroe Bike Club ride leaders
- 11:00 – 11:30 – The ride finishes at the shop, where you will be able to ask questions, get more advice and find out about Clitheroe Bike Club rides and events.
If you don’t have a road bike, that is in roadworthy condition, please feel free to ask about borrowing one of the club’s bikes.