In addition to our Sat & Sun rides we have a varied program of social events throughout the year, based both on and off the bike.
All are welcome at our regular Social Meetings. These are held at Clitheroe Rugby Club on the 1st Wednesday of each month (not in Aug due to summer holidays). Drinks & social from 7-30pm, meeting starts at 8pm. We often have speakers coming in to talk about a range of different topics, see below for specific details.
Upcoming Events for 2018
Throughout the year we have the club time trial competitions (10/25 mile).
- Sat 20th: Club New Year party at Clitheroe Rugby Club
- Weds 7th: Club evening at Rugby Club – CTC Japan trip with Richard Dugdale
- Weds 7th: Club evening at Rugby Club – Getting best from body and bike with Nick Dinsdale from NJD Sports
- Sat 24th: Clocks go back, evening rides start – more details to come!
- Weds 4th: Club evening at Rugby Club – Bike Jumble & Retro Evening
- Weds 2nd: Club AGM at Rugby Club
- Weekend 18-20th: Touring weekend to Hawkshead YHA
- TBC: Yorkshire park & ride.
- Weds 6th: Evening ride then social event – 6.30pm
- Sun 10th: Ribble Valley Ride Sportive
- Sat 16th: Magical Mystery Tour – CBC treasure hunt + evening event
- Sat 30th: Annual Blackpool ride and Pier Photoshoot. Suggested route via St Annes and up prom to Blackpool
- TBC: Evening ride to Roots @Catforth for BBQ
- TBC: Park and ride
- Tues 28th: Ride the lights Blackpool
- TBC: Day of the century – club 100 mile rides + evening event.
- Sat 28th: Clocks go back. Evening rides finish until Spring 2018.
- TBC: All rides Cafe stop at Clarion House
- Weds 6th: Club Night event – a quiz night.
- TBC: Christmas Santa Ride and Lunch at Grindleton Village Hall
- Mon 24th: Christmas Eve ride.
- Mon 31st: New Years Eve ride
Throughout the winter season there are spinning classes held at Carters Leisure in Clitheroe. These are cycling specific classes organised especially for CBC members, more details are available on the CBC Facebook website.
The club runs regular introductory rides for new members; these are a friendly and sociable club ride with a focus on building confidence and skills. For details of these please contact Richard Paige at the Green Jersey.
The sessions will follow the following structure…
- 9:00 – Meet at the Green Jersey bike shop
- 9:15 – Introductions & a short explanation of key roadcraft and group riding skills (communication, pacing, benefits of riding as a group)
- 9:30 – Group ride, led by Clitheroe Bike Club ride leaders
- 11:00 – 11:30 – The ride finishes at the shop, where you will be able to ask questions, get more advice and find out about Clitheroe Bike Club rides and events.
If you don’t have a road bike, that is in roadworthy condition, please feel free to ask about borrowing one of the club’s bikes.