In addition to our Sat & Sun rides we have a varied program of social events throughout the year, based both on and off the bike.
All are welcome at our regular Social Meetings. These are held at Clitheroe Rugby Club on the 1st Wednesday of each month (not in Aug due to summer holidays). Drinks & social from 7-30pm, meeting starts at 8pm. We often have speakers coming in to talk about a range of different topics, see below for specific details.
Upcoming Events for 2018
Throughout the year we have the club time trial competitions (10/25 mile).
- Sat 20th: Club New Year party at Clitheroe Rugby Club
- Weds 7th: Club evening at Rugby Club – CTC Japan trip with Richard Dugdale
- Weds 7th: Club evening at Rugby Club – Getting best from body and bike with Nick Dinsdale from NJD Sports
- Sat 24th: Clocks go back, evening rides start – more details to come!
- Weds 4th: Club evening at Rugby Club – Bike Jumble & Retro Evening
- Weds 9th: Club AGM at Rugby Club
- Weekend 18-20th: Touring weekend to Hawkshead YHA
- TBC: Yorkshire park & ride.
- Weds 6th: Evening ride then social event – 6.30pm
- Sun 10th: Ribble Valley Ride Sportive
- Sat 16th: Magical Mystery Tour – CBC treasure hunt + evening event
- Weds 20th: Club 10 mile TT championship, Edisford course (details). Speak to Paul Drake for more information.
- Sat 30th: Annual Blackpool ride and Pier Photoshoot. Suggested route via St Annes and up prom to Blackpool
- TBC: Evening ride to Roots @Catforth for BBQ
- TBC: Park and ride
- Tues 28th: Ride the lights Blackpool
- Sat 22nd: Day of the century – club 100 mile rides + evening event.
- Sun 23rd: Club 25 mile TT championship, Garstang L2528 (details). Speak to Paul Drake for more information.
- Sat 28th: Clocks go back. Evening rides finish until Spring 2018.
- TBC: All rides Cafe stop at Clarion House
- Weds 7th: Club evening at Rugby Club – talk by Richard Dugdale on cycle touring
- Sun 2nd: Christmas Santa Ride and Lunch at Grindleton Village Hall
- Weds 6th: Club Night event – a quiz night.
- Mon 24th: Christmas Eve ride.
- Mon 31st: New Years Eve ride
- Weds 2nd: No meeting at rugby club – we may have an ad-hoc trip to a local bar instead
- Sat 5th: Club Annual Awards night / new year party at Clitheroe Rugby Club
- Weds 6th: Club evening at Rugby Club – Cycle touring in Europe; how to do it with Bernadette Worden
Throughout the winter season there are spinning classes held at Clitheroe Leisure (Carters) in Clitheroe. These are cycling specific classes organised especially for CBC members, more details are available on the CBC Facebook website.
The club does run regular introductory rides for new members; these are a friendly and sociable club ride with a focus on building confidence and skills. If you don’t have a road bike, that is in roadworthy condition, please feel free to ask about borrowing one of the club’s bikes.